The Commercial dishwasher in your kitchen is a vital piece of equipment and serving dirty plates to customers might not be as forgivable as an overcooked steak. Limescale build up in your machine can be detrimental to your businesses. A lot of things will go wrong if the dish machine is not taken care of, but one of the most serious threats to your dishwasher is hard water and its deposits – limescale.
Limescale build up will lead to mineral deposits forming on your plates, this will appear as a white film on your plates. So what is the solution?
THE CASUE OF LIME SCALE BUILD UP
Lime build up is a common issue with any type of equipment that uses water. White, crusty deposits will form inside and around your dish machine and glasswasher. Besides giving your kitchen that old and dirty look, limescale can prevent your dishwasher from operating properly, and eventually, break down. Moreover, lime buildup could cause mineral deposits or a white film to form on your dishware and glassware, which is something that your customers won’t rate positively. There are chemicals designed to specifically combat and remove limescale called descalers or delimers, and there are special water softener systems, designed to cut the issue in its root.
There are general maintenance practices that can be carried out to ensure your machine does not get a build-up of limescale and the performance of your machine does not decrease.
1. Thoroughly clean out your dishwasher, this needs to be carried out daily. Drain the water from the machine. Then remove the spray arms and thoroughly clean all the nozzles, blocked water jets will reduce the cleaning efficiency of your machine. Ensure that you do not use bleach or chlorine detergents as this can damage the machine, so use fresh water only.
2. The Filter must be check regularly, food particles can clog the flow of water, drainage will be hindered meaning water will become stagnated in your machine allowing the calcium carbonate minerals I the water to build up around the drainage.
3. If you are using a manual water softener ensure that is replenished once a week, if you do not your machine is more at risk of having lime build up. Water hardness can change and drastically affect the period between regeneration.
4. Ensure the tank water is refilled every 20-30 wash cycles to avoid water sitting in the tank from the whole day cycle. When the water evaporates or is finally drained out all the hard water minerals will be left in the tank forming limescale.
5. If your machine is covered by limescale you can clean it by using a descaler. Let your machine to fill and heat up, then put approximately 10oz of descaler into the machine and leave it for 1 hour. Then run few wash cycle, so it can clean all the jets and once done this, drain the machine out and flush it with fresh water. It’s recommended to repeat the same procedure one more time but this time without adding any descaler, so the machine can get rid of the descaler’s residues.
LET US HELP YOU!
Regular maintenance and deliming are all a part of our commercial dishwasher service program. We offer top commercial dishwasher cleaning solutions & equipment.